Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Say what?



I was sitting in the gazebo last month and these ladybugs kept flying towards me. I guess they must've really liked reading Walt Whitman...which was awkward because he scared me....



Can't help it. I really ought to start keeping a memorable quote journal because people here are just hilarious and inspirational.

"Don't be afraid of Latin! It can't hurt you.........it's DEAD."
This past week we had a Latin substitute teacher who is really passionate about Latin. If you were wrong you immediately knew it, and I mean immediately. So our class sat at our desks a little quieter than usual. (Don't take me wrong, he truly is a fine Latin professor!)

Psychology class on a Wednesday:
"What's wrong with you all? You're more alive on Mondays - you're not even alive on Mondays so that's saying something!"

"'I love your shirt.' 'Thanks! I do too!'"

"Be who you ought to be for God, yourself, and for others."
What can I say? The homilies here are amazing. I'd go to the Chapel everyday just to hear the friars preach! (if they didn't have Mass, that is. Thankfully there is Mass.)


I'll keep updating this post as the week goes on. Or maybe I should start posting quotes regularly! In any case, feel free to comment and add a few memorable quotes of your own! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment