Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Oh hi 2013


A happy new year to you, dear anonymous reader(s)! I hope this year brings you new dreams to reach for, new adventures and opportunities to explore, and many blessings.

So during the countdown to today, my family and I were watching tv and Taylor Swift came on to sing. Now I like Taylor Swift's music, not all of it, but it has a certain refreshing innocence to it compared with a lot of other music. Well, it did anyway...now I'm not so sure. But seeing her on screen kind of reminded me of this blog post that I'd read quite a while back:


This post is intended as a lament of sorts, a lament for something in the culture that is dying and may never been seen again.

Pretty, pretty is dying.

People will define pretty differently.  For the purposes of this piece, I define pretty as a mutually enriching balanced combination of beauty and projected innocence.


Read more: The Death of Pretty



Today is the feast of Mary, Mother of God. It's also the first day of the new year. While people are making resolutions to lose weight to become that "hot" image, I'm going to be a rebel.
To the girls who have somehow made their way to this little blog, I don't know about you, but I don't want my heart to belong to someone who is only after my looks. I want to be loved, cherished, and respected for who I am by a man who truly sees this. I know you want the same thing too, don't deny it. But if you really want it, it has to begin with you.




This year, I'm taking Mary as a model and guide. Not just in the way I dress, but in the way I act.
Being pretty is not necessarily going to catch a whole lot of attention. But it's ok. Because the person who does notice is the one who's worth it. In the end, I'll always remember that there's Someone (or someones ;) ) who think I'm beautiful.
And they are worth it indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment