Thursday, January 24, 2013

Life

Heading out to the March for Life out in DC later today. =)

I went for the first time last year and really enjoyed being there despite the cold and rain. Because really, it was less of a protest/demonstration than it was this HUGE party. People from all over the country had come, even some who had to travel over 8 hours to get there!

It made me think of another rally that my home state had. It wasn't as big, but it was pretty good for one of the most liberal states. =)
As we were walking at some point, someone asked, "Well, what about war? War kills people too." My poor highscool self didn't know what to say at the time. She wanted to respond, but didn't know how.
I wish I could've told him that 55 million people are missing since Roe v. Wade...which is more than any one war.
I wish I could tell every single mother considering abortion that she is loved so much more than she thinks, and abortion will only hurt her. I wish I could tell them how much pain and trauma I can see in the people I know who have had abortions.

I wish. I can't do anything big enough now to do that.
But I can do little things instead.

I can attend this march and witness to how much life means to me. I can go and tell the world by going how much fun life is! I'll laugh with my friends, skip down the road, sing, and just celebrate life.

I can live the life I have. And by doing so, maybe they'll change how they see life... maybe they'll give others a chance.

Life is beautiful, and everyone deserves a chance to live it.


No comments:

Post a Comment